About the Village Hall
We welcome bookings from individuals, families, groups, clubs, societies, organisations and businesses. With excellent wifi, our superb facilities can accommodate:
- off-site corporate meetings
- training events
- cooking demonstrations for 12 people
- dinner dances
- performing arts rehearsal and events space
- weddings with fully catered receptions and use of a marquee
Big or small, we want to share our facilities with you and will try to meet your individual needs.
The large main hall (the Miskin Hall) and the smaller committee room (the Kingfisher Room) can be hired separately or together by the hour, the day or number of days. Hiring the entire village hall for a weekend is a popular choice for weddings and family parties and this includes the use of the professional kitchen, the stage facilities and changing rooms and the gated outside area. Packages are available for special events.
Hire charges are:
- £7.00 an hour (£5.50 for residents) for the smaller Kingfisher Room
- £12.00 an hour (£9.00 for residents) for the large Miskin Hall which includes use of the stage and kitchen
- £17.00 an hour (£13.00 for residents) for the whole building and grounds
- A one-off large event/party package includes the whole building and is £300 (£150 for residents) for 1.5 days to allow time for setting up and clearing up.
- Wedding packages include the whole building and start at £700 for 3 days (£400 for residents) to allow time for setting up, decoration and clearing up.
Please go to our gallery page to see our village hall in use for weddings and others events.
The Miskin Hall
The Miskin Hall has a vaulted ceiling, dimmable LED lighting, a new heating system and wifi. Hire charges include exclusive access to the professional kitchen, stage area and changing rooms. With good acoustics it is an excellent venue for musical and entertainment events as well as business away days and family parties. Chairs and tables are stored separately in two side rooms off the hall and there is direct access to the kitchen via a large serving hatch.
The hall can seat up to 100 theatre style or with tables in refectory style.
The Kingfisher Room
This room is ideal for small gatherings or as a ‘break-out’ room for a larger event. Tables and chairs are available to suit any configuration from boardroom style to small separate tables seating 2 or 4 people.
The room has wifi, multiple power points and kitchenette facilities for making hot and cold drinks. It can seat up to 30 in theatre style.
The large professional newly-fitted kitchen has a five star hygiene certificate and state of the at facilities that include a large six burner gas booker with electric oven, fridge, freezer and professional dishwasher. Crockery, cutlery and glasses can be hired in addition to the premises.
This space is ideal for cookery demonstrations. It has moveable stainless steel tables that can be easily positioned to accommodate 12 students. Equally, the kitchen facilities meet the needs of professionals caterers for an event in the main hall and has a suitable ‘pass’/serving hatch. The kitchen has a separate direct entrance for caterers and suppliers and also separate direct access when using the marquee on the lawn in front of the hall.
The lawned and gated outside area, with lighting and power points, provides a safe and private environment for family events. Our Village Hall Marquee is also available for hire within our packages.
The hall’s position means that there is easy access to our lovely village with its waterside walks, children’s play area, 15th century church and the Greyhound pub.
We have modern toilet facilities with disabled access, baby changing facilities, wifi and an up-to-date thermostatically controlled heating system.
If you wish to sell alcohol or it’s included in the cost of an event ticket, then a TENS (Temporary Events Notice) can easily be arranged. You can contact the Council Licensing team direct for details of this straightforward process.
Email: [email protected] or Telephone 01305 838028
Useful contacts for weddings and parties
These people know our village and our hall
Accommodation within the village
- Greyhound Inn – six 4 star bed and breakfast rooms – 01300 341303
- Molly’s Cottage – sleeps 2
- Peppard & Coombe Cottages – sleep 6 and 2 respectively, can be hired separately or together
Accommodation close to the village
- Lamperts Dairy – sleeps 12 – half a mile from the village
- Langford Valley Barn – sleeps 8 – two and half miles from the village
- Helen Furness Catering, Cerne Abbas – 01300 342128 or 07973 890026
- Rosemary Rogers Catering, Muckleford – 07788 436797
Eleanor Florence, Yeovil – run by Sandra House.